A fantastic opportunity has become available to join The Scottish Tourism Alliance (STA) team. ‘During your three month internship you will have immediate access to responsibility and be involved in an interesting range of tasks. By working with us and our 250+ members the STA will provide the individual with a better understanding of the sector and also develop practical skills for future employment.’
The role will provide support to the Business Support Manager and Business Development Manager and will include the following tasks:
- Assisting with the co-ordination and planning of STA events.
- Providing administrative support with the membership renewal process.
- Maintaining the membership database.
- Dealing with and responding to new membership enquiries.
- Supporting the STA Business Support Manager with general finance admin when required.
- Responding to general member telephone and email enquiries.
- Other ad-hoc admin tasks as required.
Closing date: Tuesday 23/06/2015. Interviews are likely to be close to the week of graduation.
Salary and benefits: £1000 per month
Start date:– Monday 17th August for existing graduates and graduating students. They will consider a later start date of 1st September for completing MSc students.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with the following skills:
- Attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Able to work on own initiative
The Scottish Tourism Alliance (STA) is the leading ‘voice of the tourism industry in Scotland’ and the “guardian and co-ordinating arm” of Scotland’s national tourism strategy– Tourism Scotland 2020
Formed in March 2012, the STA has gone from strength to strength and grown from 100 to 255 members (May 2015) strengthening its credibility within the industry, government and public agencies as the body that “Leads on Industry Matters”. The STA is an independent trade body comprising of trade associations, individual businesses, marketing services and local area tourism groups who earn their living from tourism or have an active interest in tourism.
Working hours Full-time
Contract Fixed term
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to the University Career Development Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will then forward them on to the company. To take part in the Stirling Internship, you are advised to get your CV and Covering letter checked before applying. Our drop in service for this is on Monday – Thursday, 1pm-4pm in Cottrell 3A1. If you have any difficulties accessing our service, please contact us on 01786 467070.