Securing a graduate placement can be one way of kick-starting your career. A placement opportunity such as offered by Talent Scotland can give you the chance to:
- get valuable ‘hands-on’ work experience
- prove yourself to an employer
- build your confidence
- make contacts in your chosen industry
- see whether a particular role or organisation is right for you
- boost your future employment prospects
I have included information from the talent Scotland website for you to have a look at and the link takes you directly to the placement vacancy pages – do have a look to see if any of these opportunites interest you:
The Talent Scotland graduate placement programme can offer an opportunity to work on a short-term project with an established business or social enterprise.
Organisations of all sizes participate and you receive a minimum salary of £14,000 (pro rata) whilst on your placement. A supplement of £1,500 is included to placements based in the Highlands and Islands.
Participating businesses are dynamic, growth-oriented and located across Scotland, within the private and voluntary sectors. Projects last from three months to one year and must be quantifiable and measureable.
Graduate placement projects
Projects can cross a range of disciplines including
- New product design and development or product adaption for overseas markets
- New process development and implementation
- Strategic marketing, target marketing and market research
- Targeting new international markets
- Exporting and increased international participation
- More effective use of ICT and e-business to improve business performance
- Improved environmental management to achieve business benefits
- Developing effective human resource policies
For placements of more than three months, you will also receive a minimum of two days off-site training, specifically designed to develop additional innovation and business skills.
Who is the programme open to?
The programme is open to all graduates who
- Have graduated at degree or postgraduate level from a higher education institution within the past two years
- Have up-to-date visa documentation if required — international graduates only
- Have good English language skills appropriate to a business environment
- Have no more than one year’s relevant (graduate level) work experience
If you meet these criteria and have the skills for the job, you can apply.
How do I apply?
If you have any questions about the Graduate Placement Programme email the TalentScotland Graduate Placements team
For enquiries regarding placements in the Highlands and Islands region please email email@example.com or phone 01463 244 332